Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 10

An Open Letter To Educators
I too feel that my college education experience has been very much like hers.  In one of my classes, if I even make a comment to another classmate, my professor looks at me and just waits on me to tell him what I said. I don't really understand why he does that and it is embarrassing in some ways.  This is one technique that I will not take with me as a future educator.  I am glad also, like Morgan, that I have been open to this EDM310 class, because I have learned so much.

No Pencils ALlowed
Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home
I really enjoyed his approach to the solution rather than just focusing on the problem.  Most of the time, we usually focus so much of our time and energy on the problem that we forget all about a solution.  This message was very powerful and I added it to my PLN.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
I Claire Booth Loose's quote that "a great man is a sentence".  I don't know if that is all I think makes a man, but it is great motivation.  I think another great motivation question and a way to help us improve ourselves and our lives was the second question of "Was I better today, than yesterday?".   This was very difficult and it took me a while to come up with my sentence, but since we all reserve the right to change "our sentence" heres is my sentence at the present moment:
I agree with the person who disagrees with scantron testing, as I feel the students are not learning, they are merely memorizing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tabitha!

    I really enjoyed reading your post! Like you, I also don't understand many professors' methods of teaching. I think many educators often forget that standing in front of a classroom reading off power points ISN'T teaching!

    I also liked the "Don't Let Them Take The Pencils Home" blog and the "Two Questions That Will Change Your Life." I truly take something out of each and every EDM310 assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "....merely memorizing." A terrible, but correct, indictment of our educational system.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete