Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Assignment 5

Kids in a classroom, having fun


Eagles Nest Radio and Class Blog
I watched the third grade's audio podcast and they seemed to be very informative for their classes.  They pretended to interview old historians and different things like that.  This was very useful because it showed me that everything to do with technology does not always have to be complicated.  It also showed me a way to use this in my classroom.

The Langwitches Blog
This blog is telling a how to use the podcast in your classroom and make it interesting.  I definitely found it helpful in using it as an example for creating my own blog.  However I chose to go with just audio. This blog does try to get the parents involved and show them how to do it also to keep them up to date with the technology. 

The Education Podcast Network
This is where a bunch of different educators get together and talk about different podcast that may be helpful and useful in all areas of teaching. They also talk about the difference that teaching with a podcast and what it can do for the classroom.  I never realized how much podcast can help and assist in teaching, but it does appear to be a helpful incentive.  



2 comments:

  1. Hello Tabitha my name is Crystal Baxter and I was asked to make a comment on your post. I could not agree more that these where all different but very helpful. M favorite was the eagle Nest with the 3rd graders I thought it was well thought out and informative to the students. The children did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, podcasting is a very useful tool for learning. The flexibility of podcasting gives the teacher the opportunity to taylor the lesson to the needs of the current group of students. As in the "Eagles Nest Radio" children will be excited about podcasting. Engaging the students with interesting and interactive activities like podcasting ensures that more meaningful learning will occur. I hope you will use podcasting with your future students.

    Your blog looks great Tabitha. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete