Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

How Kids Teach Themselves
1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
I do think that people, not just children, if they are motivated can teach themselves. 2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
I also think that children can teach themselves.  I have a friend who has five children and she home schools them all.  On their particular program, they teach themselves.  She says that it works out fine for them and they are making awesome grades. 3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
I think children just need some sort of guidance in the right direction, and from there if they want to learn they will.  They need someone to care about them first. 4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
Computers, especially after watching this, play a huge role.  He even said that after 2 years, the children in India were using the computers for their homework and had better English. 5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
I think this is the role for a teacher.  Teachers are there to help the learning process progress.   Teachers should constantly motivate their children. 6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
I think questions are a part of learning and another reason why we need teachers. Yes students can teach themselves, but when they have a question, teachers should be there to help. 7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
I think as teachers, we should constantly help these students and never give up on them.  Continuously push your students to strive to do better than before. 8. How are you motivated to learn?
I like for people to push me. I also like deadlines and dates.  I think this teaches responsibilities to students. 9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
I think anyone who wants to learn, will learn.  They may learn at a different rate than someone else, but they will learn something. 10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
I do teach myself things.  I have taught myself plenty of workouts and how to do them correctly.  I knew I wasn't doing it right if it didn't hurt.  I have also taught myself a lot about uploading pictures and how to edit them within the last year, just since having a Facebook. 11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
As my experience, I think my teachers have pushed me harder than I thought I could get myself to go.  For example, I have a teacher right now, who is pushing me to learn things that I thought I would never understand. 12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
From this video, I think I see that no matter where children live or come from, if they are curious and they want to learn, they will.  No child is incapable of success, I just think that they may have different situations which make it harder for them to succeed.  When children are given just a little bit of attention and opportunities they will prevail in ways people never thought of. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like how thorough you are. I wish I would have repeated the questions so that people no in this class and read understand why I wrote it. You seem to understand that children need a guidance but no limitations. I admire your diligence in your class work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete