Friday, August 27, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

My name is Tabitha Sexton and I am from Theodore, Ala.  I got married in April 2009 and moved to Semmes, Ala with my husband.  I have a seven year old step-daughter, which we have full custody of.  I also have two sisters, three step-sisters, and one half brother. I am very close to my mom and I adore my step-dad.  I came to the Universtiy of South Alabama the fall after I graduated high school in 2004, but I played around and did not take my education seriously. I think I changed my major like ten times, so in the spring of 2006 I dropped out and did some serious soul searching to figure out what I wanted in my life. 
I always wanted to be a teacher, but when my step-daughter started school I knew it was exactly what I wanted to do.  So I registered to be a substitute teacher with the Mobile County Public School System and found out really fast that I wanted to go into Secondary Education.  So after a couple of weeks of consideration and knowing that this is what I really wanted to do, I came back to South in the spring semester of 2010.  I have also recently gotten into teaching at the gym.  I am a certified Zumba instructor and I also teach cardio bootcamp and scuplting classes.  I am really nervous about this class, but I hope that if I keep my focus everything will be fine.   

4 comments:

  1. Don't be nervous. Just keep up with the work, take advantage of the lab, unleash your creativity, ask lots of questions, explore the world, and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also from Theodore, class of 2007! It seems like you have a nice familyat home and a great family supporting you with your education. I have also always wanted to become a teacher, I am also secondary education. Im not so sure I am cut out for elementary teaching, maybe one day.

    I also enjoy working out. I have taken several zumba classes at dreamland along with everyday bootcamp with bodies by cindy. Which gym do you teach at? Sculpting classes are something that I have not yet done, although I would love to. I hope wish you the best of luck this semester! I also am a bit nervous about this class but it seems manageable! Good luck!

    Sarah Blankenship

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Strange,

    Thank you for your encouraging words and I have been taking full advantage of the lab and will continue to do so.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    I am class of 2004, but you may know a couple of my sisters: April Whitney, Jessica Whitney, and Stephanie Cordelle?? Well I teach a cardio sculpting class at Next Generation Dance Center every Saturday morning at 7:30 and I also teach Zumba there too. I teach at Turning Pointe Dance Academy, which is across from Dreamland, and at the YMCA in Saraland. I do have a huge support system at home and I'm not sure I could do this without them. Thanks and good luck to you also!

    ReplyDelete