Saturday, November 27, 2010

Summary C4K November-Dec

Little Voices, Little Scholars
I commented on the post from 10/26/10.  It was a post from a child named Lorenzo, who made a picture of a pirate ship.  Then he added color and animation.  It is very good for a second grade level, especially since I just learned how to make a movie this semester.  Their class blog was also really cool.  


4 Shooting Stars
For this post I read a fourth grader's post about a picture that the teacher posted of a person holding a handful of slugs.  (UGH, I don't like bugs) The student was to OBSERVE-tell what they see, INFER-tell what they think happened right before it, and PREDICT-tell what they thought happened after the picture was taken.  Here were this student's answers: "I see a handful of garden slugs", "They were walking by a garden and saw slugs", "The teacher will tell them to let them go". 

Flat Stanley
picture of flat stanleyHere these children read about a flat man who traveled the world.  They made their own "flat Stanley's" and named them after themselves and then sent them around the world.  The child I commented, his"flat Arjun" was really good and traveling to India.  I hope it all goes well!! I think this is a great and creative way to get the students involved.  They even get famous people to take pictures with these flat paper dolls and I am sure that it excites them.  I think it was a wonderful idea. Kudos to the teacher that thought of it!

Mrs. Haugen's 6th Grade
I read Carla's post about a book she was reading.  She is reading "The Runaway Twin" and I blogged to her that she is making this book sound so interesting that I want to go out and get it. I told her to keep up the great work and to have a great year.  I also wished her happy holidays!

Yasmine's Blog (special C4K)
She was writing about people not commenting on her blog.  I commented on her blog about her favorite types of bubblegum.  Here is what I responded to her:
Yasmine,
I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class and Shellie Miller gave us your page for us to blog on. I am glad she did. I love gum too!! Depending on my mood and how I feel that day I chew all different kinds of gum. At this point, I chew a lot of Cinnamon mint by that brand 5 and I love Cotton Candy by Bubbalicious!! Keep up the great work on your blog and don’t worry too much about people not commenting, it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment